Heartland Agency’s EvenStart Program offers holistic support services to children, many from backgrounds of poverty, trauma, abuse, and neglect. EvenStart provides programming that supports the growth and development of children’s social-emotional and learning needs within a centre-based setting, offering the support of a multi-disciplinary team consisting of teachers, educational assistants, therapy professionals (SLP, OT, PT, Psych) and therapy assistants.
We are currently recruiting a full-time Psychologist/Play Therapist to work within our multi-disciplinary team. This position will be based out of our Monterey Park location (6908 26th Avenue NE), and will commence as soon as possible.
- Assist with the development of individual and classroom support plans, and support the implementation of strategies through coaching and modeling
- Implement different modalities of therapy, including individual, small group and in-class treatment (e.g., play therapy, Theraplay circles, friendship groups, etc.)
- Provide consultation and support to families, classroom staff and multi-disciplinary team
- Provide assessment/screening to children when referred, and complete reports
- Masters degree in psychology, and current registration with the College of Alberta Psychologists; Provisional psychologist will be considered, and supervision may be available for the successful candidate
- Experience with assessment, intervention and support in numerous areas (behavioural, social-emotional, psychoeducational, etc.)
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Background in play therapy preferred, but not required
- Experience with preschool children is an asset
- Salary is competitive and commensurate with education/experience.
- Professional development opportunities
- 10 month contract
- Health and wellness spending account
Please submit resume and cover letter to Denise Lindsay by email (email@example.com)